Now a days many people are using smartphones and the major share of smartphones run on Android.If you have lost your android device no need to panic because now you can find your lost, stolen and misplaced Android smartphones(mobiles) and android devices easily. You can find your lost android mobile without installing any apps.You can find your lost android devices by just using Android device Manager.
Android device manager:
Android device manager is automatically installed on your mobile or android device, when you access Google Play from your device for the first time.Hence there is no need for you to install any third party apps.Most of the people who lost their android devices in which no tracking app is installed in that device,might loose all hopes on their device, but Android Device Manager would really be helpful for those people.
Advantages of Android device Manager
- Device owner can erase the data in the device from anywhere.
- It helps you to trace your lost device
- Allows you to lock your device from anywhere.
- You can find your misplaced mobile or tab.
How to use Android Device Manager to track lost device?
Step 1: Navigate to security under the settings tab and move to device administrator. Tap on it and activate it if it is off.
Step 2: Go to Google Play Store. Click on the Gear icon at the top right side as shown below.
Step 3: Click on Android Device Manager.
Step 4: Once you click on the Android device manager, it would find the mobile (android device) with which it was associated. Once the lost device is found, it will show your phone location in Google Maps and it also indicates the distance between your mobile and you (from where you accessed the Google Play Store).
MUST CHECK: How to Download Play Store apps on PC
You can perform 3 Options:
1. Ring: If you select on the Ring option, then your device will start ringing even though it is silent.
Note: This feature will not work if you mobile is switched off.
2. Lock: Selecting Lock option, allows you to lock your device and you can get a new password to access your device again.
3. Erase: Selecting Erase option allows you to delete total data from your device automatically.
Note: If you select erase option, all the data including Android Device Manager would be erased and hence you cannot use it again.
I hope this was useful for all the Android lovers. So don't forget to share this! Leave a comment below, if you have any problem in using Android Device Manager.